Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Workshop!!

So I finally did it! I attended a Tonya Joy Photography workshop. I was so excited and was pretty lucky because a girl from Hurricane was attending also and gave me a ride down to California. Thanks Andrea Stratton for the ride and the good company. I learned so much and I am excited for the changes that I plan to make in the future.

I knew Tonya was amazing and was super excited about the photoshoots. I was also excited about the models and oh boy I was not disappointed.
So here's the family shoot. 
I had a love/hate relationship with the mother the moment I saw her. We had a few things in common. We both had sweet, cute, helpful, hubby's. And she had a little boy who just turned 2 in July just like me... (he made me miss Liam like crazy)

this picture made me think of Dr. Suess's "Oh the places you'll go"


So after noticing the things we had in common I couldn't help notice the things that set us apart. Here I was 4 1/2 months pregnant in the chubby stage, and even if I wasn't there is no way that I would ever have legs like these
Seriously? I think we were all drooling and she could definitely have been in a lotion/skin care ad.
These two were so fun, and you could see the love!



Tonya really outdid herself, all the details were amazing!!


 It was so much fun to see the three of them interact with each other.

 

I had a blast and one thing that was bugging me the whole shoot was that beautiful mom reminded me of someone, a celebrity look alike or something. I thought she was gorgeous. When I got home and started editing I found this picture and it hit me..



Does anyone else see a young Jane Seymour? 

Stay tuned for the evening photo shoot!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Susie! These are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing...and I agree, she is beautiful, but so are YOU! I want her dress....big time! The pics are great Susie, well done. Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She does have incredible legs! *jealous* Great job on the photos Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Jane Seymour is right on. All along I was thinking she looked like Giada de Laurentiis from the Food Network. I think it depends on her angles, she was gorgeous regardless. Good job!

    ReplyDelete