Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

... and pixie dust

Today is kinda a big day for a place where dreams really do come true, a place where movies come to life, and where you can feel magic. 


It's Disneyland's anniversary. When I was young I lived on Disney, now that I'm older I think I watch them just as much, because they are something I don't object to watching with my kids
 (I can't stomach Dora..it's awkward when she asks you questions). My kids are already saving their pennies to visit "the castle" where Addy is sure all the princesses live, and I am just as anxious to get her there to see that yes they really do :) I didn't get to go to Disneyland until I was 14, it was a strange age to go because I was really trying to contain my excitement but was secretly wishing I could be like my 9 year old sister who was running around getting autographs from ever prince and princess in the park, I also was jealous she got her mickey ears where I felt too old to ask for some :) However I have been back since and have embraced my childhood dreams without fear of social retributions.

When Alexz told me she wanted to try to sneak in a short Disney shoot I was game, I knew that Alexz had just had a let down in the dream department, landing a job at Disney that she really wanted, but not having luck in the living arrangements, it wasn't in the cards this time around and Alexz had to let the job pass on hopes that next time around she'll be prepared for it. I felt for her because I hate when good opportunities come by and you feel like it's your one shot but you aren't in the position financially to make it happen. I read a quote from Walt himself saying
I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true.
Walt Disney

I know how talented Alexz is so I have no doubt she'll work her tail off to get in the position to make her dreams come true, until then I hope these remind her of the ULTIMATE GOAL!



















Alexz you amaze me with your creativity and your determination, the whole time I was taking your photos I was thinking, Wow, she knows who she is and what she wants! While we were taking these I had to snap this photo of the tree line because I couldn't help thinking how that one tree was standing out, and that it reminded me of you, you embrace being different and being true to yourself, you don't conform to the expectations of the world.



The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
Walt Disney




Thanks for letting me get a glimpse of your dream and just remember all you need is a little Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust.




No comments:

Post a Comment